We have all heard the saying, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression…”
Having great curb appeal is your home’s first chance to make a lasting impression and is literally the first step to a quick sale.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend a ton of money to give your home the edge over the competition. Here are some quick home staging tips to instantly boost your home’s curb appeal:
- Paint the front door and shutters – Either refresh the existing color or paint a new “pop” color to draw attention to your home.
- Power wash the siding and sidewalks – Remove the dirt and debris from your sidewalk and wash the dust off the siding.
- Replace the mailbox – Grab a shiny, new mailbox at your local hardware store.
- Clean the windows – A good window washing goes a long way. Clean all the windows, but concentrate on the front ones.
- Clean the front porch and doors – Remove the cobwebs, bird’s nests and dropping, beehives and anything else unsightly from your front door.
- Remove the grass growing in the cracks – Pull the weeds or spray a weed removal spray on the grass growing in the cracks of your driveway and sidewalk in front of your home.
- Make sure your yard is always freshly mowed – Hire a neighbor kid to mow your yard on a schedule so it always looks its best.
- Remove all barriers (bushes, tree limbs, cracked pavement) to the front door – Anything blocking the front door means buyers can’t see their new home. Remove branches, leaves, bushes and trees that impede a warm welcome from would-be buyers.
These quick home staging tips for enhancing your curb appeal will certainly help your home stand out from the competition leading to a quick sale. For more home staging tips, follow @HERHomeDesign on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
Love our work? Want to learn more about staging and property styling with HER? Here’s more information about our staging process and fees. Ready to become HER client? Book your staging consultation with the HER Staging & Interiors team? Book online or call us at 317-744-9849 for a staging review.